Home Forums
06 | 18 | 2019
We have 851 guests and 2 members online
JoomlaNook Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Can I have 2 different gallery on 2 different page
(0 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Can I have 2 different gallery on 2 different page
SilviaHowe
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Can I have 2 different gallery on 2 different page 10 Years, 11 Months ago  
I read everything about Imageflow I already have beautiful gallery on one page.
Thank you for that, it is really nice.
How can I have the second one...I can't see the option to use second txt file, or to point to different folder.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
klowther
Admin
Gender: Male JoomlaNook Location: Fremont, NE USA Birthday: 07/23
Re:Can I have 2 different gallery on 2 different page 10 Years, 11 Months ago  
Hi Silvia,

Yes, you can have multiple imageflow galleries. You must do it by copying the imageflow module.

From the admin screens, go to the module manager, select the imageflow module and click on the copy icon. You can then setup different parameters in the new copy.

Hope that helps.

- Ken

Logged Logged
lafleur
Re:Can I have 2 different gallery on 2 different page 10 Years, 9 Months ago  
Hi ken.

i did so. very nice. i remember that i also have to define a new module position (e.g. imageflow2) in case the second page would show both gallerys descending (according to the settings in the copied module).

alltough imageflow is a very nice tool, it would be great to get the chance to define 2 (or even more) textfiles/directories for just one module position. you know what i mean?
perhaps one can solve it by an additional id to you use {LoadModulePositions <imageflow>} more often on the same or on different pages like this:

text article bla bla bla bla bla bla...

{LoadModulePositions imageflow1}

{LoadModulePositions imageflow2}

and so on.

(in this example <imageflow1> uses a different imagelist/directory than <imageflow2>)

or is there already another possibility to do so?

Logged Logged
klowther
Admin
Re:Can I have 2 different gallery on 2 different p 10 Years, 9 Months ago  
Hi,

The way that imageflow is currently implemented, you can have only 1 gallery on a page. This is because the html DIVs used by imageflow are assigned ids that you have no easy way of changing. The imageflow script uses these ids internally to manipulate the image thumbnails as well as the slider and caption.

These ids, however, could be defined through module parameters. This would then allow you to have more than one gallery on a page, however, you would still need to use a different module position as well as additional css rules to support the new ids.

This might be a good enhancement for a future release.

- Ken

Logged Logged
kinne
Hello there!
I was about to ask exactly the same question.

I'm currently using MGM Gallery Manager on a site with many pictures and galleries. ImageFlow and Highslide JS are serious candidates for my website that is currently undergoing the migration process to Joomla 1.5.7.

In MGM, there's an administration page where you define your galleries and these are called the way you suggest in your answer (with an ID). But there's no need to duplicate the module.
In my site there are nearly 100 galleries... so that means duplicating the module about 100 times. That's defenitely not the best solution.

Multiple galleries with ImageFlow should indeed be a very usefull improvement.

One last thing: I really do like the image list file. One step further would be to have a database an admin interface to generate this text file and load it after updates...

Cheers

Logged Logged
klowther
Admin
Hi kinne,

Thank you for the suggestions. I have been mulling over various ideas about how I might expand ImageFlow to be of more use to users with a large and/or varied image gallaries. I haven't settled on any particular design yet. I will take a look at MGM Gallery Manager and see if there is anything there that I might be able to incorporate.

- Ken

Logged Logged
Go to top