Home Forums
08 | 21 | 2019
We have 1157 guests and 13 members online
JoomlaNook Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Getting imageflow to work
(0 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Getting imageflow to work
Mori
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Getting imageflow to work 11 Years, 1 Month ago  
Greetings. Great extension, thanks for it.
I've been trying to get it to work, I install everything, put it to load on an article, refreshed website but all I get is "loading images" then nothing after that.
I was tweaking with the directory to see if that did anything for it gives you no error message and it just seemed like it wasn't loading anything. Didn't get anywhere.
Is the directory path referring to the server root, the joomla root, template root, module root?
Also is there some kind of limitation to say the size of the pics or formats (i was using png and jpg)?
Thank you kindly for any help you may provide.

Mori

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
klowther
Admin
Gender: Male JoomlaNook Location: Fremont, NE USA Birthday: 07/23
Re:Getting imageflow to work 11 Years, 1 Month ago  
Hi Mori,

I'm sorry to hear you are having problems getting it to work.

The directory path should be relative to the joomla root.

The only limitation that I'm aware of is the amount of memory you have allocated on your server for the GD library to use and I'm not sure how that is specified.

The images can be jpg, png or gif.

Hope that helps. Good luck.

- Ken

Logged Logged
Mori
Thank you for the info. Although it wasn't much to go on, you cleared my doubts about those issues. You did mention the GD lib so I went to check if that working ok and it wasn't, there was a problem with the file.

Anyhoo, after getting the GD up and running again the images showed. I set it up to use the sample.css which i'll tweak later to my needs but I'm now just trying to figure out 3 things 1-i only seem to be able to scroll with the mouse scroll instead of the mouse pointer and 2-whenever I click a picture it just opens up in the browser as a pic instead of blending with my website or instead of keeping the website on the background and just opening in front, something like that, 3- the thumbnails are looking awful like they have no quality althout the originals are big hmm can't figure out where those options are.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2008/07/20 16:32 By Mori.
klowther
Admin
Gender: Male JoomlaNook Location: Fremont, NE USA Birthday: 07/23
Hi Mori,

Glad to hear you got it working, sort of. As to your questions:

i only seem to be able to scroll with the mouse scroll instead of the mouse pointer
You can scroll through the images with the mouse wheel or grab the slider handle with the mouse and move right/left. You can also use the keyboard cursor keys to move right/left.

whenever I click a picture it just opens up in the browser as a pic instead of blending with my website or instead of keeping the website on the background and just opening in front
ImageFlow was designed to interact with any number of other scripts to perform the image popup operation (lightbox, shadowbox, highslide js, etc). That means you need some other sript installed to do the popup operation. After you have chosen a script, you can tailor imageflow to use it by specifying an appropriate output template (if there isn't already one available for the script that you have chosen).
the thumbnails are looking awful like they have no quality althout the originals are big
You can increase the thumbnail percent to get a better looking thumbnail. The default is 35% of the original image. Maybe 50% would be better for your images.

Hope that helps.

- Ken

Logged Logged
Mori
Did someone ever tell you, you are a well of knowledge. Not only that, your attitude is perfect and you make a fantastic moderator. If you're not getting paid tons of money, at least take my words of praise and feel happy for a job well done.

I appreciate your help, I went ahead and installed HS and it now seems to be doing what I need. Just need to start tweaking to get exactly what I want and it does have plenty of tweak options.

I don't know where I can make this suggestion but, it wouldn't be a bad idea to add to the install documentation that people need to have JCE installed. I didn't and went ahead and installed it and although not hard, that process also had some tweaks for I started by downloading jce utilities when i needed the admin plugin and then he told me i needed the editor plugin. So if all of this was in the install documentation it would really complete it. Anyway, just a suggestion, if I need to make it in some exact place, please let me know.

Thanks again for your help, if anything else comes up, I'll knock

Logged Logged
Mori
If I'm allowed to pick your brain a little further. Just some quick advice. I want to use imageflow to show different directories.
Final goal is to have a page with a set of links, let's call them categories, you click one, you get a list of names which are basically articles, you click one of the names and you get a page with information about a person and a gallery.
I reckon i make copies of the imageflow module and use it for each directory i want then create individual articles each one linking to the correct copy of imageflow.
I end up with a collection of articles each with some text and a loadposition.

Now how do I get a page showing a grouping by genre and then clicking on a genre, another bunch of links which are the articles themselves, that should be clickable.
A bit of a messy explanation, I'm doing the best I can :|

What I was trying to do was show say a section layout on my menu item but it just shows the categories in the section and after that i can't get to the articles.
I don't know how to accomplish this type of navigation with individual articles in the end each one with an imageflow gallery.

Any ideas?

Logged Logged
Go to top