Home Forums
12 | 05 | 2021
We have 2065 guests and 2 members online
JoomlaNook Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Getting imageflow to work
(0 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Getting imageflow to work
klowther
Admin
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male JoomlaNook Location: Fremont, NE USA Birthday: 07/23
Re:Getting imageflow to work 13 Years, 4 Months ago  
Hi Mori,

Thank you for the kind words. I really appreciate it

I'm not sure I understand the full meaning of your question, but have you considered the use of the urllinktemplate in imageflow. What this allows you to do is setup an imageflow gallery of thumbnails that, when the user clicks on one, takes them to another page instead of popuping up an image. The new page then usually has another imageflow gallery of thumbnails/popup images.

Does that help you at all?

- Ken

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Mori
Hmm I'm trying to think about it. It's a nice feature that might do the job and might not, hmm not sure how I would pull it off with that.

To clear it up, i want to get
page with:
- cars
- boats
- planes

you click cars you get
page with:
- renault
- fiat
- ford

you click renault you get
page with:
Text "this brand is fantastic bla bla"

imageflow gallery of car pics in a directory

I have an article that basically represents the last step, it has text and a loadposition to one imageflow module.
How do i get the two pages before that you click and leads you to the last one? What's the best way to set this up. Sections, categories? I'm not figuring it out.

Logged Logged
klowther
Admin
Hi Mori,

If the content for the first and second level is fairly static you probably would be best just to create articles with standard images and links.

Article 1 is page with images and links for:
-cars, links to article 2
-boats, links to article 3
-planes, links to article 4

Article 2 is page with images and links for:
-renault, links to article 5 with text and gallery of pics
-fiat, links to article 6 with text and gallery of pics
-ford, links to article 7 with text and gallery of pics

etc.

I know it is not very elegant, but it would get the job done. If you wanted something a little more dynamic you might want to check out other photo gallery apps that are available. There might be one that comes close to fitting the bill.

Hope that helps.

- Ken

PS: I forgot that you said you installed highslide to use with imageflow. Another option that you might want to consider is described here. Just a thought.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2008/07/21 08:24 By klowther.
Mori
Thanks for the ideas klowther.

Starting by the HS idea, it will help with other type of situations so thanks for letting me know. However it won't fit this one because it would just nest pics and I need the last page to be text + gallery.

The navigation you are suggesting is all done via articles. I'm not sure how I would do that, must try it out but this is joomla, it's main purpose must be to make use of the database system. That's why I thought, group things in section, categories, articles. It made sense, but I can't get it to work.
I created a section for cars with, renault fiat ford as categories and then I make the individual articles for each with text and the imageflow gallery.
I would just like to be able to show my list of sections then if someone clicks a section, have it show the list of categories then if someone clicks one, have it show the article. Something like this but I'm not having much success. I am newbie at this type of navigation and where to tweak to achieve it.
If you have any more thoughts I would appreciate it. Thanks again for going out of your way to answer my posts.

Logged Logged
klowther
Admin
Mori,

You might want to consider posing your question in the Joomla forums. I would suspect that someone lurking there has done something similar.

- Ken

Logged Logged
Mori
I had posted something there a couple of days ago and no one had replied. I was just wondering if you knew of the situation and would just say something that would shed immediate light as so often happens with these things.
I will try to make a new topic. This is indeed running away from the imageflow plugin.

Thanks again for all the help.

Logged Logged
Go to top