Home Forums
10 | 19 | 2021
We have 2384 guests and 1 member online
JoomlaNook Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Use Imageflow in custom component??
(0 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Use Imageflow in custom component??
Gonzo
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Use Imageflow in custom component?? 13 Years, 3 Months ago  
I have my own component that I've written for our camera club. Is there a way to use Imageflow for the presentation of a group of photos by filename? I could set the modules parameter to load from a specific file, and then build that file dynamically based upon various preferences set by the user. My problem is that I don't know how to invoke Imageflow from within my component. I tried including the trick in the html of my custom view, and while that works fine for an article (I tried it), it doesn't work in the view. So how would I invold imageflow from my view?

Also, since I'm running Joomla 1.5.1 at the present, and the Highslide JS configuration module doesn't work with that version (also, it wants to use an article name to bind the highslide configuration anyhow), I'd like a click on the image to just bring up the image with Shadowbox which I also have installed and works well in other areas of my site. I know I can edit the default.php in the mod_imageflow/tmpl folder to perform this action, but is there a better way to do this?

Thanks in advance,

= Ed =

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
klowther
Admin
Gender: Male JoomlaNook Location: Fremont, NE USA Birthday: 07/23
Re:Use Imageflow in custom component?? 13 Years, 3 Months ago  
So how would I invold imageflow from my view?
Have a look at this plugin:

extensions.joomla.org/component/option,c...k_id,4680/Itemid,35/

Would that work for you?

I know I can edit the default.php in the mod_imageflow/tmpl folder to perform this action, but is there a better way to do this?
Yes, there is a better way, I think. I could add an advanced parameter to allow the specification of an output template. The template would be used to generate the output lines for each image. That way the ImageFlow module could be adapted to Shadowbox, lightbox or whatever other kind of box they come up with . What do you think?

- Ken

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2008/07/08 13:29 By klowther.
Gonzo
As far as the link you provided, that might help me figure out how to do this. The correct example that I would need to follow looks to be the one shown for the Category. I'm just not sure how the dispatcher/trigger works. More specifically, I have now idea exactly what is being passed in 2nd parameter of the trigger call, and what I would substitute in my own view for that. The example shows passing an array which contains a single reference to the variable $category. This value was obtained with the $this->get( 'Category' ) call. From what I can tell, this is a custom function in Joomla's model for com_content/category. I guess I could look at that and see what the heck it is returning... Other than that, it would be trivial for me to add the plugin and the code that is seemingly required. That is, if that get call is actually in the model as I suspect. Otherwise...

Yes, there is a better way, I think. I could add an advanced parameter to allow the specification of an output template. The template would be used to generate the output lines for each image. That way the ImageFlow module could be adapted to Shadowbox, lightbox or whatever other kind of box they come up with . What do you think?

That would be awesome! Having looked at the default.php code, the using such a parameter, you would need to be able to specify the filename and title (optional) in the template. Perhaps in much the same way you use {img} in the template that is currently used in the default.php file.

Thanks for your help. I'll look into the com_content issue.

= Ed =

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2008/07/08 14:21 By Gonzo.
Gonzo
Well, it looks like the plugin you linked me to would be very hard to use to do what I want. It appears to be set up to work specifically with Sections and Categories in the Joomla 1.5 Framework. I'll carry on with trying to do this directly, as I'm sure there must be some way to invoke a module directly from a component. If not, I'll probably have to bail out on using Imageflow. That would be too bad really.

= Ed =

Logged Logged
klowther
Admin
Gender: Male JoomlaNook Location: Fremont, NE USA Birthday: 07/23
Hi Ed,

I wish I could be of more help, but it sounds like you have a pretty good handle on it. I'm planning on implementing the output template idea in imageflow regardless. That will open it up to a much wider audience.

Good luck.

- Ken

Logged Logged
kredytyogloszenia
Kredyty Ogloszenia 4 Years, 1 Month ago  
Jestes doradca finansowym czy tez kredytowym? Dodaj bezplatnie ogloszenie o Twoich uslugach i rejonie dzialania. Pozyskaj wielu nowych klientów.

Ogloszenia finansowe - kredyty-ogloszenia.2em.pl to powyzej 100.000 odslon miesiecznie. Odwiedzajacy to osoby poszukujace wiedzy na temat wszelakiego rodzaju kredytów, pozyczek, lokat czy ubezpieczen. Mozliwy klient to osoba mloda, przyzwoicie wyksztalcona i stateczna finansowo.

Dodanie ogloszenia jest absolutnie darmowe. Jedynym warunkiem jest unikalnosc twojego ogloszenia tzn. nie moze ono miec odzwierciedlenia na zadnej innej stronie w internecie, otóz twoje ogloszenie finansowe musi byc autentyczne, nie moze byc kopia juz istniejacego ogloszenia.

Zapraszamy

kredyty-ogloszenia.2em.pl/skup-aut-zlomo...zwrot-ubezpieczenia/

Logged Logged
Go to top